Sentinel Dual UPS Floor and Rackmount up to 10KVA
The Sentinel Dual UPS is available in various models and uses double conversion on-line technology (VFI) with several other operating mode options.
In on-line mode the load is powered continuously by the inverter to remove sags, surges and brownouts, through EMI filters to suppress transients, spikes and electrical noise. Even on bypass the load is routed through the filters so that the load is not connected to raw mains.
When the mains fails, the inverter which is constantly powering the load simply draws power from the internal battery to provide complete protection.
As the inverter is rated for continuous operation this type of uninterruptible power supply can be used to support large loads for long runtimes up to and over 7 hours or more in duration. This can be achieved using battery extension packs that connect in series to the rear panel connector on the UPS and/or a generator. When battery extension packs are used these may have their own mains powered chargers to maintain a reasonable recharge time of the complete battery set. For larger loads consider the Power Dialog Plus.
Whatever the runtime installed there should be sufficient time for the protected computer systems to be shutdown in an orderly manner using the PowerShield software, supplied as standard. Additional remote monitoring can be achieved using PowerNetGuard on Wide Area Networks or the telenetguard remote service monitoring system with text alerts for site problems, and the wide range of NetMan SNMP interfaces and MultiCom adapters available. Advanced Communication
Advanced, multi-platform communication for all operating systems and network environments: PowerShield UPS monitoring and control software included, with SNMP agent, for all major operating systems.
- the UPS is supplied with a communications cable for' Plug and Play' PC connection
- RS232 serial port (double serial port optional)
- network adapter slot for SNMP agent
- rear panel IEC socket for supplying local loads
- EPO (Emergency Power Off) contact for remote UPS shut-down
- the UPS can be installed as a floor standing tower or 19' rackmount. The front panel digital display can be pulled out (using the keys provided) and rotated to suite the installation format
- low noise level (<40dBA) thanks to the digitally PWM controlled ventilation system which is load and temperature dependent, and the use of an inverter with a high switching frequency ( approx 20kHZ, above the audible range). Sentinel Dual is suitable for installation in any populated environment.
- As well as the its on-line operating mode, Sentinel Dual can operate in:
- Economy: the UPS mimics a Line Interactive (VI) UPS supporting the load from its battery supply when the mains fails or fluctuates wildly
- Smart Active: the UPS selects automatically whether to operate in On-line (VFI) or Line Interactive (VI) mode depending on the stability of the mains supply
- Emergency: the UPS only supports the load with its batteries when the mains fails - suitable for emergency lighting
- Frequency conversion: 50 or 60Hz
- output voltage selection: 220-230-240Vac
- auto restart on mains return set from the front panel or PowerShield software
- automatic output delay when the UPS powers up
- automatic power down when no load is present
- end of battery discharge pre-alarm
- filtered, stable and regulated - double conversion on-line (VFI) technology in accordance with EN50091-3, a with EMI filters
- guaranteed output quality even with typical distorting IT loads with crest factors of 3:1
- low impact on the mains supply as the UPS has an input power factor close to 1, with a sinusoidal input current
- completely digitally controlled
- uninterrupted automatic bypass
- the bypass can be activated manually
- use of IMS (Insulated Metallic Substrates) modules
- status, measurements, and alarms available on the standard backlit display
- UPS can be updated digitally (flash upgradeable)
- reliable battery performance (automatic and manual battery tests)
- prolonged battery life due to the unique Low Ripple Current Discharge (LRCD)
- 'hot-swap' user replaceable batteries
- extendible back-up time using additional battery extension packs or trays
- increased ride through (without batteries) on mains breaks up to 40ms and for fluctuations ranging from 84 to 276Vac
- input protected by resettable thermally activated switch
- back-feed protection: to avoid energy being fed back into the mains should a fault occur
- increased short circuit current on the bypass
- increased overload capacity: 150% on inverter even without a mains supply present
- performance guaranteed in temperatures up to 40 deg C
- manual switch to bypass
An Uninterruptible Power Supply using on-line technology to provide power protection from: Sags , Surges , Transients and Spikes , Electrical noise , Brownout , Black outs and long duration mains failure , with options including: extended battery runtime autonomy, remote monitoring and shutdown software including SNMP.